I’d had some requests to do the $20 makeup challenge but that works out at around £13 and including tools that was pretty daunting. Having discussed it on twitter we came to the conclusion that a straight translation to £20 was more appropriate. It does work out at around $30 but considering the price differences between US and UK cosmetics I think it’s fair. That being said I did come in under budget without skipping any steps!
- eBay Brush Set £3.98
- Natural Collection Tinted Moisturiser in Light £1.99
- 2true 3-in-1 Concealer in Light £1.99
- Wet n Wild Natural Wear Powder in Ivory 99p
- elf Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Matte £1.50
- MUA Blush in Shade 4 £1.00
- MUA Eyeshadow in Shade 11 £1.00
- MUA Liquid Liner in Shade 5 (black) £1.00
- NYC Showtime Mascara in Black £1.99
- Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel £2.99
- elf Hypershine Lipgloss in Vixen £1.50
Perhaps the most important part of this challenge for me was not to buy anything new. I mean if a ‘budget beauty’ blogger can’t do the £20 challenge from her stash then she’s not a very good ‘budget beauty’ blogger, right? I’m pretty pleased with what I came up with and I didn’t go out and pick random stuff up just for the sake of the video.. after all that wouldn’t really be consistent with the money saving theme!
I’m uploading the video right now so watch this space…