I got back from a little trip yesterday (Disneyland, yes there WILL be holiday posts!) and after packing what turned out to be far too many beauty products when we went away in January I decided to condense even further this time around. I took my base, a choice of blushes, liner, mascara and one bold lip. No eyeshadow (because who has time for that on a holiday with their kids?) and a few (essential) brushes. If you’re interested in a full tour of my travel makeup bag you can check out this post from my previous trip.
It was mainly skincare that I cut down on this time around, I packed a tiny cleanser, a sample sized facial oil and a small pot of Benefits It’s Potent eye cream that came in a travel set. One addition to my makeup bag was Vaseline. I had no idea how many uses it could serve but if you’re looking to cut down on products you travel with or keep in your handbag this little tin can do the job.
So, what can you use Vaseline for?
1. Some people swear by it to treat their eyelashes, they say a coat of it before bed makes them longer, stronger and thicker
2. Cuticles! Why pay for costly cuticle creams and balms when this inexpensive jelly can soften them up for you?
3. Lips – Used as a balm or even a gloss, try adding it to your favourite lipstick to add shine!
4. If you apply Vaseline to your pulse points BEFORE your perfume the fragrance will last longer
5. Makeup Remover – I actually tried this whilst I was away and it was just as effective as any balm cleanser I’ve tried.
6. You can use it as a base for eyeshadow for that glossy ‘grunge’ look
7. Similarly it can be applied to cheeks to give a natural highlighted effect
8. One that I used a lot as a child when I wasn’t allowed makeup – eyebrow taming!
9. Hides split ends if you’re in a pinch with no serum/oil – good for in your handbag as it wont leak
10. Mix with a little sugar and you have a DIY lip scrub for next to nothing!
That’s just 10.. there are SO many more uses including all important fake tan and hair dye situations but if you’d like to add your own favourite (not so standard) way to use Vaseline (clean answer only please 😉 ) leave your comment below
The Vaseline range is available from Boots and leading retailers nationwide. RRP £2.08. You can follow their Facebook page here for other handy tips and tricks