A while ago I had the idea to go ‘dupe hunting’ in store and swatch as many products as possible to find the closest match to one of my luxury beauty loves. The logistics put me off but last weekend I finally gave it a go for a Shop With Me video and I thought it would be easier to post my findings as on my blog for reference.
Top of my list was the Dior Lip Maximiser because I am such a fan but it is eye wateringly expensive for what it is. I mean, it IS the best lip gloss I’ve ever tried, it has something I can’t find elsewhere but still.. £28 is A LOT. I have a few mid-range glosses I’m enjoying in its place but I’ve really struggled to find a drugstore alternative so hunting we went and the above swatches were the result.
- DIOR LIP MAXIMISER IN 006 BEIGE SUNRISE (limited edition)
- MILANI NOURISHING LIP PLUMPER IN PRISMATIC PEACH
- MILANI NOURISHING LIP PLUMPER IN SOFT ROSE
- RIMMEL OH MY GLOSS IN PURRR GLOSSY CAT
- RIMMEL OH MY GLOSS LIP OIL TINT IN CLEAR
- MAXFACTOR COLOUR ELIXIR LIP CUSHION IN SPOTLIGHT SHEER/005
- REVLON KISS PLUMPING LIP CREME IN 510/NUDE HONEY
- NYX BUTTER GLOSS IN 13/FORTUNE COOKIE
We were looking purely at colour and texture (because I havent worn any of these) but the MaxFactor Colour Elixir Lip Cushion was the clear winner if we’re looking for the closest possible dupe for this particular shade of the Dior. I was super disappointed not to be able to test Cosmo from elf because I feel like that could have been the winner but I’m certain we’ll be back to check that out at some point.
If you know of any similar glosses for a more affordable price point, let us know!