I’m going to assume that if you’re reading this you’re a beauty blog fan and you have your favourites but last year saw more fashion blogs added to my bloglovin feed than ever before. I love beauty blogs for reviews and recommendations but fashion blogs are more aesthetically pleasing to the
lazy, can’t be bothered to read browser in me. Here are five I love and think you would too..
Actually one of the first blogs I came across.. pre-discovering the beauty community and all. I was looking to design a setting for a stone I’d inherited (what is now my engagement ring, the stone was my Grandmothers diamond solitaire) and I kept finding Maegans beautiful wedding set and Morganite sparkler. I would lose hours to her site then totally forget about it for months, this was before I knew how to follow a blog and of course NOW Love Maegan is a regular read. She lives in the most picturesque lake town, has a pair of adorable French Bulldogs and keeps things interesting on the fashion front with frequent DIY fun, a definitely must read for you creatives on a fashion budget.
Julia’s blog was a new find this year, I can’t lie it was her hair that drew me in. I defy you not to be transfixed by her glossy waves but that’s not what kept me reading. Her outfits are so beautifully polished and put together, she dresses how I would if I had a lot of money and no kids.. oh and a decent sense of style that didn’t involve converse and comfy jumpers. Very much an aspirational read for me.. and I mainly just look at the pretty pictures if I’m honest. If you’re in to bags and shoes you will feel right at home here.
Jessica is also a recent addition. I’m not sure how I found her blog but what had me hooked was her location, New York. Ahh! Again aspirational but more of a ‘living vicariously’ situation than a ‘one day I could’. I love the insight in to city living and the background of yellow cans but another reason I love Bows & Sequins is because Jessica is a similar body shape to me and she dresses it well. If she looks good in something I know there’s a chance that something similar might look good on me too and that’s a rare find in a style blogger. Plus I feel like we could go for coffee and be great mates.. just a suggestion, Jessica.. I can jet off to JFK whenever you’re free!
Kylie is a blogger I’ve actually met and who is absolutely lovely. Her blog is particularly pretty to browse as she’s also an avid photographer. Kylie’s posts have more of a lifestyle feel to them with regular appearances of her daughter and ginormous (yet somehow adorable) dog. A less flashy blogger living in ‘the real world’ who just knows how to put things together in a way I know I could never wear them but look fabulous. Oh and her swishy, windswept photographs would not look out of place on the pages of a glossy magazine.
Lastly I have Monica, another English blogger who I was attracted to because she SMILES. Now I think about it most Julia and Jessica do this too and I think it’s so endearing. That probably sounds mad if you don’t read many fashion blogs but most are made up of moody model-esque poses which look gorgeous of course but there’s not a lot of personality there. Having tried my hand (and still trying on occasion) at outfit posts n the past I can’t tell you how difficult it is to pose for those photos and when I discovered you could just smile at the camera rather than contort yourself and stare in to the middle distance it became a whole lot less awkward. Monica has great style (obviously) which 75% of the time I feel I could actually wear and the other 25% gives me something to think about. She wears a lot of colour and has definitely inspired me to branch out of my 50 shades of grey.
The list could be twice as long but I thought I’d start you off with a few of my absolute favourites and if you’re interested I’ll expand in a follow up later. If you have any fashion/lifestyle bloggers you love and would like to recommend to me (or anyone reading this post) feel free to leave a comment!